GUE Recreational Diver 2 course will develop your diving skills and knowledge to increase your capacities. Are you a GUE REC1 or Fundamentals diver? This class is addressed to you! We will focus on three main modules: Underwater Navigation, Diving Rescue and Triox.
Navigation can be as variable as underwater conditions we expect to encounter. You will get ready to map a specific area or to navigate in a very low visibility. You will use complex compass navigation patterns and reel navigation.
Safety is our highest priority. Rescue training is an important part of divers education. You will learn how to react to different realistic emergency scenarios.
Recreational diving to a depth of 30m requires careful planning, solid skills and gas selection. Here is where Triox Module comes into play.
The Recreational Diver 2 course is usually conducted over five days and includes 11 dives and at least 40 hours of instruction, encompassing classroom, land drills, and in-water work.
During this training you acquire knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Basic skills cultivation and refinement,
- Reduced ambient light diving protocols,
- Compass, reel and natural navigation,
- Diver rescue (on land, at the surface and underwater),
- Emergency management,
- Theory and practice of minimum decompression dives,
- Correct ascent procedures practice,
- Use of helium to minimize narcosis, CO2, gas density challenges, and post-dive “nitrogen stress”.
This course consists in three separated modules: Navigation Primer, Rescue Primer and Triox Primer.
Need more details? Download and read GUE Standards.
Total cost depends on where the training takes place.
Standard price of GUE REC2 is:
- 800 € training fee,
- 95 $ registration fee (including study materials and certificate),
- Diving and travel expenses.